Cozy Hummus Recipe with Pumpkin and Spices
- 2 Cups Cooked Chickpeas from can, Drained
- 2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 4 Tbsp. Tahini
- 1/2 Small Pumpkin or Butternut Squash
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp. Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Sweet Paprika
- 1 Tsp. Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Nigella Seeds to Garnish
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil to Garnish
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon Juice Only
- Preheat the Oven to 200C/400F.
- Line A Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper, Add the Halved Pumpkin and Roast for 20 min Until the Flesh is Tender.
- Peel the Roasted Pumpkin and Add it Into the Food Processor to Obtain A Puree. Transfer Into A Bowl.
- While the Pumpkin is Roasting, Prepare the Chickpeas. Start by Rinsing them with Plenty of Water and Add them Into A Medium Soup Pot. Cover with Water, Add the Baking Soda, Mix to Combine and Place Over Medium Heat and Bring to Boil.
- Reduce the Heat to Low and Simmer for 20 Minutes, Until Their Skins Fall Apart and the Chickpeas are Very well Cooked.
- Place in A Colander to Drain, Rinse with Cold Water to Remove the Baking Soda Taste, and then Transfer Into the Food Processor.
- Process to Obtain A Puree, and then Add the Tahini, Pumpkin Puree, Lemon, Salt, and Garlic and Process to Obtain A Smooth Mixture.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil Into A Skillet Over Medium Heat, Add the Spices and Heat for 1 Minute Stirring Frequently, to Enhance the Flavors.
- Add the Spices and Oil to the Food Processor, and Pulse to Incorporate.
10. Transfer the Hummus Into A Bowl, Smooth it with A Spoon, Drizzle with Olive Oil and Garnish with Nigella Seeds and Serve.