- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Medium Onion (Chopped, About 3/4 Cup)
- 1 Stalk Celery (Chopped)
- 1 Medium Yukon Gold Potato (Peeled and Cubed)
- 4 Cups Fresh Broccoli (Including Stems, Chopped)
- 2 Cups Low-Sodium, Fat-Free Chicken Broth (or Vegetable Broth)
- 1 1/2 Cups Non-Fat Milk
- Gather The Ingredients.
- Heat Oil on Medium Heat in A Soup Pot or Dutch Oven.
- Gently Sauté Onion and Celery for 3 To 4 Minutes, Until Onion Is Softened.
- Add Potato and Chopped Broccoli, Followed by The Broth and Milk.
- Bring to A Boil, Then Reduce Heat, Cover, and Simmer for 20 Minutes, or Until Vegetables are Tender.
- Allow Soup to Cool Slightly, Then Transfer to A Blender in 2 to 3 Batches, and Blend Until Smooth.
- Return Soup to Pot and Heat Gently Until Ready to Serve.