- 12 ounces Penne pasta (we use whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 package Butterball Turkey Sausage (13 oz), cut into 1/2 inch rounds
Crushed red pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan.
4. Drain the pasta and pour into a large serving bowl. Stir in the onions, peppers, and sausage. Add the tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and basil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.