White Wine Vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
Spinach Arugula Salad
- 3 oz baby spinach
- 5 oz baby arugula
- ½ head radicchio lettuce, chopped or shredded
- ½ English cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 10 roasted chestnuts, peeled and roughly chopped (keep in a small ziploc bag until ready)
To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and white wine vinegar.
Add the minced garlic and season with salt and pepper. Whisk again to combine. Set aside briefly.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the salad ingredients of baby spinach, arugula, radicchio, cucumber and shallots. Add the dressing and mix well. Just before serving, toss in the pomegranates and chestnuts. Mix gently to combine.
Transfer to a serving bowl or divide into small serving dishes.