Dolmas (Stuffed Grape Leaves)
- 1 (16-Ounce) Jar Grape Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Plus More for Drizzling)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Finely Diced)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Finely Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Basil
- 1 1/2 Cups Uncooked White Rice (Long-Grain, Such as Basmati)
- Optional: 1/2 Cup Pine Nuts (Raw)
- 8 Cups Vegetable Broth (Divided)
- 2/3 Cups Lemon Juice (Divided, Plus More for Drizzling)
- Gather The Ingredients.
- Gently Remove The Grape Leaves From Their Jar, Then Rinse Each Thoroughly Under Cold Water, Taking Care Not To Rip The Leaves. Pat The Leaves Dry and Place on A Cutting Board.
- Using A Small, Sharp Paring Knife, Remove The Stems from The Leaves.
- Cover With A Paper Towel and Set Aside.
- In A Large Saucepan Over Medium-High Heat, Heat The Olive Oil, Adding The Onion, Garlic, Parsley, and Basil Once The Oil is Hot. Stir Continuously Until The Onion is Soft and Fragrant, About 6 Minutes.
- Add The Rice and Pine Nuts and Sauté, Stirring Often, For 3 To 4 Minutes Longer.