Coq au Vin
- 8 Slices Bacon Chopped
- 4 Chicken Thighs Bone-In, Skin-On
- 4 Chicken Drumsticks Bone-In, Skin-On
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 8 Ounces Cremini Mushrooms Cleaned and Sliced
- 1 Large Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 1/2 Cups Sliced Carrots
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Dry Red Wine
- 1/2 Cup Beef Stock or Broth
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 Dried Bay Leaves
- Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- Add Bacon to A Deep 12-Inch Skillet and Cook Until Crisp. Remove Bacon to A Paper Towel Lined Plate. Leave The Bacon Grease in The Pan.
- Season The Chicken With Salt and Pepper. Add The Chicken, Skin Side Down for The Thighs, and Cook 5-6 Minutes Per Side or Until Golden Brown. Remove Chicken from The Pan and Set on A Plate.
- In The Same Pan Add Sliced Mushrooms, Carrot, and Onion and Cook Just Until The Mushrooms and Onions Start To Soften, About 5 Minutes.
- Stir in Garlic and Tomato Paste and Cook Until Fragrant, About 1 Minute. Sprinkle in Flour, Stir and Cook 1 Minute More.
- Add Red Wine A Bit At A Time Stirring After Each Addition Until Smooth. Add Beef Stock, Fresh Thyme, Bay Leaves, and Half of The Bacon. Stir to Combine.
- Place Chicken on Top of The Wine Mixture.
- Cover and Bake 30 Minutes. Uncover and Bake An Additional 30 Minutes or Until Chicken is Cooked Through and Skin is Golden.
- Remove and Discard Bay Leaves. Top With Remaining Bacon and Serve Over Mashed Potatoes or Pasta.