- 5-6 firm Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ lb shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz baby mozzeralla cheese balls, halved
- salt and pepper
- ½ lemon, juice of
- olive oil
- 3 tbsp good quality basil pesto
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan, more if you like
- 1 French baguette, sliced and toasted
Place the diced tomatoes in a colander for 10 mins to drain its juices.
Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients. Slice the shrimp horizontally through the middle.
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, shrimp, green onions, avocado, garlic and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, basil pesto and Parmesan. Toss gently to combine.Transfer the shrimp brochette into a serving bowl.