Healthy Oatmeal Cookies with Apple and Carrot
- 1 Cup Quick Oats
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat or Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Grated Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Grated Apple
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds, Chopped Walnuts, or Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/3 Cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- Preheat the Oven to 375 Degrees F and Line A Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper.
- Mix Together All Ingredients in A Large Bowl Using A Wooden Spoon to Start and then Using (Clean) Hands to Bring the Batter Completely Together if Needed.
- Portion Out 2-Tablespoon Sized Balls of Dough, Place Onto the Prepared Baking Sheet, and Press Down Until 1/4-1/2 inch Thick. Space them About an inch Apart—they won’t Spread, so Close is Okay. Bake for 18-20 Minutes or Until Lightly Golden Around the Edges. Let Cool on the Baking Sheet and Serve.
- These are Best Eaten on the Day they are Made, but can be Stored in An Airtight Container at Room Temperature or in the Fridge for 3-5 Days.