For the Scallops:
- 10 Large scallops abductor muscle removed
- 2 slice bacon
- BBQ Buddha All purpose Belly Rub seasoning to taste
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 6 skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
Place 5 scallops on plastic wrap. Wrap with 1 slice of bacon. Season liberally with the BBQ Buddha Belly Rub. Slide 3 skewers into bacon wrapped scallops to hold together. Repeat for a total of two filets wrapped in bacon.
Preheat Grill or use a Gunter Wilhelm Grill Pan
Brush scallops with olive oil.
Grill for 3-4 minutes per side. Finish in a 400 degree oven to crisp bacon.
For the Potato Hearts:
- 2 large Red or yellow potatoes, washed and peeled
- Cut into three slices each and using a heart cookie cutter, cut out 6 hearts.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to lightly coat.
- Roast in oven 400 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
For the Beet noodles:
- 1lb beets- washed and turned into noodles with turning machine-Alternatively use store bought beet or butternut squash noodles.
- Saute in 1 tablespoon olive oil till cooked al dente.
- Season with salt and pepper
For the Spinach:
- 1lb baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Olive Oil 1/2 tablespoon
- Saute the spinach for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add garlic. Cook for 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
Make herb beurre blanc sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, chopped chives, parsley, or tarragon
Place shallot, bay leaf, peppercorns, vinegar, and wine in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and continue simmering until only 2 tablespoons of liquid remain.
Add herbs to pot.
Pour in heavy cream and bring to a simmer; simmer until the cream has reduced by half. Increase heat to medium-high, and rapidly whisk in the butter, piece, by piece until it has melted into the cream and thickened it. Strain the sauce through a mesh strainer to remove the spices. Keep warm.
Valentines Day Recipe By
Chef Ray Sheehan