Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Apples and Walnuts
For the Salad:
- 1 Pound Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Medium Tart Apple
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Clove Garlic, Finely Minced
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to Taste
- Trim the Ends off the Brussels Sprouts. Using A Sharp knife or Using the Thinnest Blade on A Mandoline Slicer Slice Each Sprout Thinly. Slice the Apple and Red Onion in the Same Manner. Combine in A Large Bowl.
- Toast the Walnuts in A Skillet Over Medium-High Heat, Stirring Frequently, Until Fragrant and Lightly Browned, About Two Minutes. Add to the Brussels Sprout Mixture. Toss to Combine.
- Combine the Vinaigrette Ingredients Into A Jar with A Tight-Fighting Lid. Close the Lid and Shake Until Well-Combined. Pour Over the Brussels Sprout Mixture, and Toss to Coat. Refrigerate for at Least 30 Minutes Before Serving.