For Oven Baked Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce:
- 2 to 3 lb salmon fillet
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil for drizzling salmon
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
For the Lemon Cream Sauce:
- 1 small onion or 2 medium shallots, super finely diced (about ¼ cup diced)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 medium or 1 large lemons)
- ¼ cup dry white wine (such as chardonnay or pino grigio)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup (8 Tbsp) cold unsalted butter cut into 8 pieces
Line baking sheet with foil or parchment. Arrange salmon skin-side-down, season with salt and pepper and drizzle the tops with oil. Bake uncovered at 425 for 10-15 min (depending on thickness of salmon) or until salmon is cooked through. My thick wild caught salmon took 14 min.
Whisk in ½ cup cream and as soon as it comes to a simmer, reduce to low heat and slowly whisk in the 8 Tbsp butter, one tablespoon at a time (whisking constantly). Add ¼ tsp salt or to taste and remove from heat. Cover with a lid to keep warm until ready to serve.