Ingredients for the Tastiest BBQ Chicken:
- 3 lbs (about 10 count) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Sea Salt (about 1 tsp)
- Pepper (about 1/4 tsp or to taste)
- Mrs. Dash Seasoning (about 1 tsp), plain or garlic variety, or your favorite seasoning
- Garlic Powder (about 1/2 tsp)
- 1 Tbsp Real Mayo
- 1 medium onion, thickly sliced
- BBQ Sauce (We love Stubb’s Original)
Marinating the Meat:
1. Season both sides of chicken thighs to taste. I used a total of 1 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Seasoning, 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Turn the chicken to coat evenly with seasoning.
2. Stir in 1 Tbsp Mayo and mix the chicken until evenly coated.
3. Add thick-sliced onion and toss everything together. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or a lid and marinate 6 hours or overnight.
Preheat the grill and generously brush grill plates with oil. Reduce heat to low and place chicken thighs with a smooth side up.
Cover the grill and cook for 12-15 minutes. I rotated them once to make criss-cross grill marks. Before flipping the thighs, baste them with BBQ Sauce.
Flip thighs over; baste the flip side with BBQ sauce then cover and cook for another 12-15 minutes, rotating once to make grill marks. Check for doneness by cutting the thicker part of the chicken. If juices run clear then its done. Flip the chicken again, coat it with BBQ sauce and remove from the grill. Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Preheat Oven to 400˚F.
1. Place Chicken thighs flat with the smooth side up on a large rimmed baking dish. Bake at 400˚F for 30 mins.
2. Increase heat to 450˚ and Remove chicken from oven to brush the tops and sides generously with BBQ sauce. Return chicken to the oven another 5 minutes or until glaze has dried slightly onto the chicken.