Chunky Charoset a Passover recipe form Günter Wilhelm By Jodi Taffel
½ cup Kosher Cherry Wine
½ cup Kosher Blackberry Wine
¼ cup Agave Nectar
½ teaspoon freshly ground Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon freshly ground Nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground Ginger
¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 cups Water
juice of 1 Lemon
1 cup (2-3 depending on size) firm Red Apples
1 cup Empress Dates, pitted
1 cup Walnuts
- Whisk together wine, agave, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- Pour water and lemon juice into a bowl.
- Dice apples and add to lemon water (to keep them from oxidizing).
- Roughly chop dates and walnuts.
- Drain apples and add them, dates and walnuts to the wine mixture.
***Any Kosher wine or even juice can be substituted for Cherry & Blackberry wines.
***If Empress dates are unavailable, substitute Medjool’s.