Winter Broccoli Salad
- 3 Heads Broccoli, Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 Bunch Tuscan Kale, Roughly Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced or Grated
- 1 Inch Piece Fresh Ginger, Grated
- 1-2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Large Carrots, Shaved Into Ribbons
- 2 Bell Peppers, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Each Fresh Cilantro and Basil, Chopped
- Arils from 1 Pomegranate
- 1 Blood Orange or Grapefruit
- 1 Avocado, Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
- In A Large Bowl, Toss Together the Broccoli and Kale.
- In A Medium Skillet, Combine the Olive Oil, Garlic, and Ginger Over Medium Heat. Simmer 5 Minutes or Until the Garlic is Fragrant. Remove from the Heat and Add the Sesame Oil, Lemon Juice and Zest, Soy Sauce, Honey, Salt, and A Large Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- Pour the Warm Dressing Over the Broccoli and Kale, Massaging It Into the Greens. Add The Carrots, Bell Peppers, Cilantro, Basil, and Pomegranate Arils, and Toss to Combine. Taste and Season with Salt. If Time Allows, Let the Salad Sit 30 Minutes or up to Overnight in the Fridge to Allow the Salad to Marinate.