For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 8-10 cups destemmed and shredded Lacinato (dino) kale (2 bunches)
- 1 pear, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup pepita seeds
- 3-4 tbsp large flake coconut
- 1-2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1-2 teaspoons black sesame seeds (optional)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
In a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Adjust to taste if desired.
Remove all of the stems from the kale leaves and compost the stems (or if you are hard core you can save them for smoothies). Finely chop the kale leaves into tiny “shredded” pieces. The smaller the more tender the leaves will feel. Wash and spin dry. Place kale into a large salad bowl.
Or let the dressing marinate the kale for a half hour or so. This salad is best served fresh, but it will keep chilled in the fridge for a day.