Super Juicy no Brine Roast Turkey
- 1 Whole Turkey (I Used 14lbs Turkey)
- 1 ½ Sticks (170g) Unsalted Butter Softened, Divided
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Garlic About 4-5 Cloves Note 1
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Dried Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon Rubbed Dried Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3 Apples Cored and Roughly Chopped, Optional
- 2 Large Carrots Roughly Chopped, Optional
- A Bunch of Fresh Herbs Like Rosemary, Thyme, Marjoram
- 1 Bottle (750ml) Champagne
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- Begin to thaw the Turkey in the Refrigerator 2-3 Days Before Roasting.
- Preheat the Oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Pull the Neck and Giblets Out of the Cavity. Wash and Dry the Turkey with Paper Towels. Carefully Run your Hand Under the Breast Skin to Create A Pocket.
- In A Small Mixing Bowl, Combine 1 Stick of Butter, Garlic, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Salt and Lemon Juice. Mix Until Well Combined.
- Smear the Butter Evenly All Over the Turkey and Under the Breast Skin. (If the Skin is Wet, Butter won’t Stick. So Make Sure to Dry the Skin with Paper Towel Well.) Place the Turkey Breast Side up on A V Rack in A Large Roasting Pan.
- Fill the Turkey with Carrots, Apples and Fresh Herbs.
- If Desired, Tie the Legs of the Bird with Twine. (I Prefer this Method Over Whole Trussing, Because it’s Easier.)
8. Melt the Remaining 4 Tablespoons of Butter in A Bowl.