- 8 oz. Pappardelles Orange Szechuan Linguine or pasta of choice, prepared al dente according to package directions (or serve with rice if preferred)
- 8 oz. lean beef steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally in 1 inch pieces, the whites separated from the greensFor the marinade/sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground sichuan peppercorns
- Zest of one orange (about 1 tablespoon)
- Juice of one orange (about ¼-1/3 cup)
Slice the beef.
Heat the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add beef, reserving the marinade, and fry quickly until lightly browned. Add the carrot and the whites of the green onions and stir fry for 30 seconds.