S.T. Patrick Irish Egg Rolls Recipe
Great way to use up that leftover corned beef!
- Irish (Rueben) Egg Rolls
- 1lb Cooked Corned beef Sliced thin (chopped)
- 5 slices Swiss cheese chopped or 1 cup shredded
- 1 cup drained sauerkraut
- 1lb pkg Egg Roll Wrappers
- Russian dressing for dipping
- water to seal egg roll wrappers
1. Arrange egg roll wrappers, water, sauerkraut, corned beef, and Swiss cheese in an assembly line in a work space large enough to easily accommodate everything without being crowded.
2. Mix together corned beef, Swiss, and sauerkraut in bowl.
3. Take one wrapper and place in front of you with one corner pointing at you. Dip fingers into water and use them to wet the side of the wrapper facing upwards.
4. Place small, even amount of sauerkraut, corned beef, and Swiss cheese mixture, onto the third of the wrapper nearest you. Fold the corner opposite you over the fillings and roll slightly to surround the filling with wrapper. Fold the sides to enclose the fillings completely, rolling to seal completely. Put completed rolls on a tray. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Refrigerate rolls until oil is heated.
5. Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large Gunter Wilhelm saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
6. Fry chilled egg rolls in hot oil in batches until golden brown, about 5 minutes per batch.
Serve with a side of Russian dressing.
Recipe by Ray Sheehan of BBQ Buddha www.BBQBuddha.com