Ranch Chicken Salad
- 1 heart of Romaine lettuce
- ½ – ¾ chicken breast, or 2-3 chicken tenders, cooked in a hot pan with some oil until well browned and cooked through
- ½ cup diced tomatoes or baby tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup corn, canned, drained
- ½ cup black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup chopped green onion (not pictured).
- ½ avocado
For the BBQ Ranch
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp sour cream or buttermilk
1 Tbsp BBQ sauce
2 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar
2 tsp ranch seasoning (dry)
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
Chop the romaine lettuce, green onion and the tomatoes.
For best visual presentation, place the chopped lettuce on the bottom of the bowl, then place the chopped chicken (you can toss it with some BBQ sauce before putting on top of the salad), beans, corn & the tomatoes in 4 mounts. Split half an avocado into 4 sections lengthwise, peel the skin off and discard it. Put 1 piece of avocado between each section.