President Reagan’s Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
Ingredients: Servings: 4
- 1/2 lb macaroni
- 1 tea spoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tea spoon salt
- 1 tea spoon dry mustard
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk
- I cup ham chunks, cut small
- I cup bread crumbs, Panko
- Boil macaroni in water until tender and drain thoroughly.
- Stir in butter and egg.
- Mix mustard and salt with 1T hot water, and add to milk.
- Stir in ham chunks
- Add cheese, leaving enough to sprinkle on top.
- Pour into buttered casserole; add milk, sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs
- Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until custard is set and top is crusty.
Served in West Wing from 2001 to 2006 on holidays