Pomelo and Thai Herbs Salad
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Pomelo Zest
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Granulated Sugar
- A Couple Turns of Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 Heaping Cup Pomelo, Hand-Torn Into Small Pieces
- 1 Small Handful Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 Small Handful Fresh Thai Basil Leaves
- 2 Small Shallots, Thinly Sliced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1~2 Small Red Chili, Finely Diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine Fish Sauce, Pomelo Zest, Lemon Juice, Sugar and Ground Black Pepper in A Bowl, and Let Sit While you Peel the Pomelo.
- There is A Few Ways to Peel Pomelo, but Here is one that Keeps the Pulps Completely Unbroken and Intact as they Should be. Score the Pomelo Skin in A Cross Shape All Around, then Peel the Skin Away, then Gently Break the Pomelo in Half Like Breaking an Orange. You’ll Notice that Each Segments of Flesh are Encased Inside thick Membranes. Insert your Knife Right Between the Membrane and the Flesh (Without Breaking the Flesh), and Score it Open Like Opening A Letter with A Letter Opener. then Peel the Membrane Away to Expose the Flesh. Now you Can Peel Way the Flesh in Large Chunks. Repeat this Process Until you’ve Got All the Flesh Out.
- Hand-Torn the Pomelo Into Bite-Size Pieces, then Set Inside A Large Bowl Along with Fresh Mint, Thai Basil, thinly Sliced Shallots, Cilantro and Red Chilies. Add the Olive Oil (I Like to Coat the Salad with Olive Oil First Because I Feel that it Prevents the Salad from Wilting Too Fast), and Toss to Coat Evenly. Now Add the Dressing (You May Not Need All of the Dressing, So Add 1 tsp at A Time and Taste As You Go), and Toss to Combine. Serve Immediately, Which is Fantastic as A Refreshing Side Dish to Heavier Meat Courses.