• 1 medium to large beet, peeled and grated
• 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
• 3–4 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
• 2 large kale leaves, rinsed, stems removed, and chopped
• a few handfuls of chickpeas
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 1/2 tsp. miso
• 1 tsp. water
• 2 eggs
• a couple handfuls of pomegranate seeds
• 2 spoonful’s of pickled mustard seeds
• 1/2–whole avocado (depending on how much you prefer), sliced
Whisk together miso and water in a dish and set aside.
Warm oil in a pan over medium heat, then add the beets*, carrots, Brussels sprouts, kale, and chickpeas. Sauté for several minutes until the kale just begins to wilt, and then stir in the miso mixture. Cook for another minute, and then remove from heat.
In another pan, fry the eggs. While the eggs are cooking, divide the cooked veggies between two bowls. Stir in the pomegranate seeds and pickled mustard seeds, and then top each with an egg and avocado slices.
*Cooking the beets along with all the other veggies is usually how I prepare this, but it also turns everything in the dish varying shades of pink. If you’d like to preserve the colors cook the beets in a separate pan.