- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts of equal size
- 2 tbsp minced garlic or garlic paste
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano, divided
- Olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1½ cup small-diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced green olives
- Handful of fresh parsley, stems removed, chopped
- Crumbled feta cheese, optional
Pat the chicken breasts dry. On each side of the chicken breasts make three slits through.
Spread the garlic on both sides; insert some garlic into the slits you made. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and ½ of the dried oregano.
In a large cast iron skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium-high. Brown the chicken on both sides.
Add the white wine and let reduce by ½ then add the lemon juice and chicken broth. Sprinkle the remaining oregano on top. Uncover and top with the chopped onions, tomatoes and olives. Cover again and cook for only 3 minutes or so.
Reduce the heat to medium. Cover with a lid or tightly with foil. Cook for 10-15 mins turning the chicken over once (chicken’s internal temperature should reach 170 degrees F).