Kale Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing
For the salad
- 4 Cups Chopped Curly Kale, Thick Stems Removed (Patted Dry)
- 3 Cups Shredded Red Cabbage
- 2 Cups Shredded Carrots
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Into Bite-Sized Pieces
- 3/4 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
For the dressing
- 3 Tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Unseasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice, From One Lime
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Large Clove Garlic, Roughly Chopped
- 1-Inch Square Piece Fresh Ginger, Peeled and Roughly Chopped
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- Preheat the Oven to 350°F. Line A Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil.
- Bake the Almonds Until Lightly Golden and Fragrant, 5-10 Minutes. (Keep A Close Eye on them; Nuts Burn Quickly.) Transfer the Nuts to A Small Plate to Cool.
- Meanwhile, Combine All of the Ingredients for The Dressing in A Food Processor or Blender; Process Until Smooth and Creamy.
- Combine the Ingredients for the Salad in A Large Mixing Bowl. Pour The Dressing Over the Salad and Toss Well. Let the Salad Sit at Room Temperature for 15 Minutes to Allow the Kale to Soften.