- 2 tbsp coriander seeds (can reduce to 1.5 tbsp)
- 3 to 4 kashmiri red chilies deseeded (or less spicy variety)
- 6 cashew nuts (can substitute with 3 tbsp cream)
- 1 heaped cup cubed onions about 2 large
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes deseeded about 2 large
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder (optional, just for color)
- ½ to ¾ tsp garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves
- ½ to 1 tsp ginger julienne
- Few coriander leaves chopped finely
- 250 grams paneer / Indian cottage cheese (roughly 230 to 250 grams)
- 1 medium onion cubed large, layers separated
- ½ cup capsicum cubed
Powder finely or slightly coarse red chilies and coriander seeds in a blender.
In the same pan, add little oil and saute onions and capsicum on a high flame until half done and crunchy.
Add paneer and toss for 1 to 2 mins. Set all these aside.
Add the ground coriander chili powder and saute for 1 min until it turns fragrant. Add the ground onion tomato paste and saute for 2 mins. Add garam masala and red chil powder If desired. Saute for another 2 mins.
Add ½ to ¾ cup water and salt. Allow it to boil until the gravy thickens.
Add kasuri methi. Stir well.