Healthy Quinoa Salad
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Lime Juice from About 4 Limes
- 2 Tablespoons Champagne Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Jalapeño, Seeded and Minced
For the Quinoa Salad:
- 1 1/2 Cups White or Red Quinoa
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 15 Ounce can Black Beans
- 1 15 Ounce can Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Stemmed, Seeded, and Chopped Into 1/4-Inch Pieces
- 1 Mango, Peeled, Pitted, and Cut Into 1/4-Inch Pieces
- 1/2 Small Red Onion, Peeled, and Cut Into 1/4″ Pieces
- 1 Avocado, Peeled, Pitted, and Cut Into 1/2-Inch Pieces
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Mint
- Rinse the Quinoa in A Fine Mesh Strainer Under Cold Water First. Rinse the Quinoa in A Fine Mesh Strainer Under Cold Water. Add the Water to the Pan with the Quinoa and Kosher Salt. Boil the Quinoa Like Pasta, Until al Dente and the Centers Become Transparent, Stirring Occasionally, About 8 to 12 Minutes. Drain, Fluff with A Fork, and Return the Quinoa to the Pot, Cover with A Kitchen Towel and A Lid and Let Sit for 5-10 Minutes. Spread the Quinoa on A Rimmed Baking Sheet and Let Cool. Transfer to A Large Bowl.
- Pour the can of Black Beans Into A Strainer and Rinse Well with Water. Drain and Add to the Quinoa Bowl. Repeat with the Garbanzo Beans. Add the Bell Pepper, Mango, Red Onion, Avocado, and Herbs.
- To Make the Dressing, Whisk the Oil, Lime Juice, Vinegar, Sugar, Chili Powder and Kosher Salt in A Small Bowl. Taste for Seasoning and Adjust if Needed to Taste. The Dressing Should Taste Pretty Bold, but Balanced.
- Pour the Dressing Over the Salad and Toss Gently to Mix. Allow the Flavors to Meld for About 20 Minutes up to Overnight. Best within the First Day, but can be Refrigerated for up to 4 Days.