- Portobello mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Italian herb seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- Toppings of choice (I used red pepper and chicken sausage)
– Start by cleaning the mushrooms. To to do this, first gently pull out the stem by twisting and pulling on it. Then, scrape out the gills (optional, it’s not necessary) with spoon. Then wash the mushrooms clean (you can use a damp cloth, but I just prefer washing them) and pat them dry with some paper towels.
– Generously drizzle some olive oil over both sides of the mushrooms and rub it around with your fingers.
– Next, sprinkle over some Italian herb seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes.
– Then add whatever toppings you want on your pizza like sun-dried tomatoes, pepperoni, red pepper, onion, bacon…