Green Beans and Bacon
- 2 Pounds Fresh Green Beans
- 8 Strips Bacon, Diced
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Black Pepper, to Taste
- Salt, to Taste
- Gather the Ingredients.
- Wash the Green Beans in A Colander Under Cold Running Water.
- Top and Tail them (Slice off the Stem Ends and Tail Ends) and then Cut them Into 1- to 1 1/2-inch Pieces. Set Aside.
- Heat A Large Skillet or Saute Pan Over Medium Heat; Add the Diced Bacon. Fry the Bacon Until Crispy.
- Remove the Bacon to Paper Towels to Drain.
- Leave 2 to 3 Tablespoons (or More) of the Bacon Drippings in the Skillet and Save the Remaining Drippings for Another Recipe. Set the Skillet Aside.
- Bring A Pot of Salted Water to A Boil Over High Heat and then Add the Beans. Boil for About 8 to 12 Minutes, or Until the Desired Doneness is Reached.
- Drain the Green Beans Well and then Add them to the Skillet Along with the Cooked Bacon and the Butter. Toss Well and Heat Until the Green Beans are Thoroughly Coated and Hot.
- Sprinkle the Green Beans with Freshly Ground Black Pepper and Salt, to Taste.