- Oil for shallow frying or deep frying
- 250 gms fish fillet
- 1 ½ tbsps. Corn flour
- 1 ½ tbsps. Plain flour
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsps. Green parts of Spring onions (I used onions since I did not have spring onions in hand, if you use onions separate the layers)
- 2 tbsps. White part of spring onion
- ¼ each of green and red bell pepper cubed
- ¾ tsp. corn flour (optional)1 tsp. soya sauce (you can reduce little)
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 2 tsp. red chili sauce
- ½ tsp. sugar (optional, you can skip if you do not like sweet taste, but that’s how the Manchurian dishes taste)
- Salt very title
- ¾ tsp. Soya sauce
- ⅛ tsp. Pepper powder
- 1.5 tsps ginger garlic paste (optional, I did not use)
Wash the fish and cut to cube sized pieces, add Soya sauce, ginger garlic paste, and pepper powder. Mix and marinate. Set aside for at least 30 mins.
Add the sauces to a bowl and set aside.
Add 1 ½ tbsps. each of Corn flour and Plain flour, little salt and stir well. Sprinkle some water and mix to coat the fish with flour. The batter should not be runny. Fish has to be coated with a thin layer of batter.
Fry the fish pieces to golden on a medium flame. Drain these on absorbent tissue.
After you finish frying fish, drain the oil from the pan retaining 2 tbsps. oil in the same pan, Add garlic and fry till it gets fragrant. Add capsicum, layered onions a(white parts of spring onions) and fry on high flame for about 3 mins. Onions and capsicums should be crunchy (not over cooked) and not soft.
Stir the sauce mix. When it bubbles, add fish. To make a gravy version, pour the corn flour mixture first. Allow it to thicken on a low flame, it gets done quickly. Then add the fish.