- 1 head romaine
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp anchovy paste, or slightly more
- 4 to 6 drops Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp fresh pepper⅛ tsp dry mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon. Meyer lemons are noticeably less tart. Adjust accordingly. Much better to use Eureka lemons.
- 1 egg white (uncooked)
- 1 cup, approximately, fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano
- 1 cup, approximately, Homemade Croutons
Set out all ingredients. Chill serving plates.
Wash, tear and spin romaine lettuce. Keep cold!