- Oil for shallow frying or deep frying
- 250 gms fish fillet
- 1 ½ tbsps. Corn flour
- 1 ½ tbsps. Plain flour
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsps. Green parts of Spring onions (I used onions since I did not have spring onions in hand, if you use onions separate the layers)
- 2 tbsps. White part of spring onion
- ¼ each of green and red bell pepper cubed
- ¾ tsp. corn flour (optional)
- 1 tsp. soya sauce (you can reduce little)
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 2 tsp. red chili sauce
- ½ tsp. sugar (optional, you can skip if you do not like sweet taste, but that’s how the Manchurian dishes taste)
- Salt very title
- ¾ tsp. Soya sauce
- ⅛ tsp. Pepper powder
- 1.5 tsps ginger garlic paste (optional, I did not use)
Stir to a bowl 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tsp soya sauce and 2 tsp red chili sauce. Set this aside. Add more or less sauce as needed. To get a nice red color you can also add little red chili paste. I mix little red chili powder with very little water and then use it.
Heat oil in a pan for deep or shallow frying or can even bake these. Add 1 ½ tbsps. Corn flour and 1 ½ tbsps. Plain flour little salt and mix well. Sprinkle very little water and mix well to coat the fish with flour. Do not make it runny. Refer the pic. Fish must be coated with a thin layer of batter.
Add garlic and fry till you get an aroma. Add capsicum, layered onions (white parts of spring onions) and fry on high for 3 mins. Onions and capsicums must be crunchy (partially cooked) and not soft.
Stir the prepared sauce mix from step 3 with a spoon for uniform mixing. Pour this to the pan. Allow the sauces to bubble.