- 400 to 500 grams of boneless chicken cubes
- 1 to 1 ½ tbsp. besan / chickpea flour (optional, refer notes 1)
- 1 cup regular thick curd or ½ cup of hung curd or greek yogurt (refer the instruction 1, how to make)
Veggies (at room temp, using from the fridge right away makes them soggy)
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper or tomatoes (remove the seeds and pulp)
- 1 large onion cubed
Chicken tikka masala marinade (skip, if using readymade tikka masala powder)
- ¾ to 1 tsp. Kashmiri red chili powder or paprika
- ⅛ tsp. pepper powder
- 1 ½ tsp. ginger garlic paste
- ⅛ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tbsp. kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves (crushed)
- 1 to 2 tbsp. lemon juice (adjust, if your curd is sour, you can skip this)
- ¼ tsp biryani masala powder or ½ teaspoon of good garam masala
- ½ tsp coriander powder (optional, refer notes 3)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. oil
Add curd, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and all other spice powders to a plate and mix well.
Add oil to the marinade. Oil helps to tenderize the chicken when used along with yogurt or lemon juice.
Add the chicken that is drained completely. Make sure there is no water dripping from the chicken before you add it to the marinade.
Mix everything well. Set this aside for at least an hour to over night in the fridge. If you have meat tenderizer, you can use it. But that is optional.
When you are about to grill them, soak the skewers for 30 minutes in water to prevent burning. Preheat the oven to 240 C. Set aside the chicken removing excess marinade. To the excess marinade add the cubed veggies. Toss them to coat the marinade well.
Skew them alternately chicken , onion and capsicum. Grill this for about 20 to 30 minutes.