- 1 long baguette, sliced into ½” thick rings
- Olive oil, to brush the baguette
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, sliced into ¼” thick rings
- Fresh mozarella cheese, sliced into ¼” thick (buy cheese the width of your baguette)
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Slice bread and brush both sides lightly with extra virgin olive oil. Bake 5 minutes at 350˚F to lightly toast it (toasting the bread keeps the bread from getting moist from the cheese).
A few minutes before the crostini are finished baking, in a small ramekin, mix together 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil until well combined. Toss in the sliced fresh basil and stir gently. Top each crostini with the marinated basil.