- 1-2 limes, sliced in half lengthwise and the pith removed, can be cut in quarters after the pith is removed
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 ounces of cachaca
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice – optional
- Crushed ice
- Either directly in a short glass or in a cocktail shaker, combine the lime halves or quarters with the sugar and use a muddler to gently crush and squeeze out the lime juice from the limes.
- Add the cachaca and lime juice, stir or shake well. If using a cocktail shaker pour the drink, including the muddled limes, into a short glass with crushed ice. If making the drink directly in the glass, add crushed ice and stir.
- Serve immediately garnished with a lime slice.