Blended Cremini Italian Meatball
- 2 Lb. Ground Beef
- 1 lb. ground Pork
- 1/2 lb. ground veal
- 3 cups of pureed roasted cremini mushrooms (food processor)
- 1/2 cup fresh minced garlic
- 1 qt. caramelized minced onion
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 qtr. seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups chopped parsley
- 2 cups chopped basil
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 lb. Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine
Salt and pepper to taste! best way to taste mixture is to put a small amount on a sautéed pan and give a quick sear till med.
* In a large bowl combine ground Beef, pork, veal and pureed mushrooms and combine by lightly folding mixture.
* Add formalized onions chopped parsley, basil, Parmesan and again fold mixture gently
* Add eggs, Milk and while folding again slowly add bread crumbs till firm consistency on the meat (Firm enough to form meatballs)
In small bowl put Cream cheese white wine 1/2 cup of chopped basil, 1/2 cup of chopped parsley 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper and 1 cup of bread crumb and mix through.
Rolling the meatballs
*scoop out 3 to 4 oz. of meatball mixture and place in the palm or your hand. and flatten gently
* put approx. 1.5 oz. of cream cheese filling in the center of the meat and gently fold the meat over the filling forming a meatball
* repeat process till mixture and filling is gone. approx. 24 meatballs…
*in a large Gunter Wilhelm fry pan put a light coating of olive oil and get hot at med high.
* Seat the meatball on a large cookie sheet separating them so no contact is make with one another
*bake at 325 for 25 minutes or till center is temped at 155 degrees
Pull them out when done and let sit for a few minutes and Manga!
by Chef Hiram Quintana of Lions Den Catering Solutions from Tamaqua