Asparagus Salad with Olives, Lemon and Couscous
- 1– 2 Bunches Asparagus, Trimmed
- 1–2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 ½ Cups Dry Israeli Couscous (Uncooked) or Use Orzo, Quinoa, Freekeh, or Regular Couscous (About 4 Cups Cooked)
- ½ Cup Olives ( Pitted, Sliced)
- ½ Cup Feta Cheese (Optional)
- ½ Cup Toasted Pine Nuts (Optional, Sub Slivered Almonds)
- ½ Cup Dill or Italian Parsley, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Tarragon (Optional)
- 3 Scallions, Sliced at A Diagonal
- Zest from One Lemon (Divided)
- ⅓ C Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 425 F Oven.
- Trim the Tough Ends of the Asparagus off. Lay them on A Baking Sheet and Drizzle with 1-2 T Olive Oil, Sprinkle with A Generous Pinch of Salt and Cracked Pepper, and Half of the Lemon Zest. Roast in the Oven Until Just Tender, About 20-25 Minutes. Cut Into Bite Size Pieces. (Alternatively, for Faster Preparation, Blanch Bite Size Pieces of Asparagus, with the Couscous Water, During the Last 2-3 Minutes of the Couscous’s c
- Bring A Large Pot of Salted Water to A Boil. Add Israeli Couscous, and Cook.
- Make the Dressing. In A Small Bowl, Stir All Ingredients Together.
- Drain Couscous, and Place in A Large Bowl. Toss it with the Dressing, Olives, Asparagus, Feta, Pine Nuts, Fresh Herbs and Remaining Lemon Zest.
- Taste and Adjust Salt and Lemon to Your Liking.
- Serve Warm, or Chill and Serve as A Salad.
- If Serving Chilled, Taste the Salad Once more Before Serving and Adjust Salt, Lemon and Olive Oil One more Time as the Couscous May Soak up Some of the Flavorful Dressing.