- 4 cuts of CanadianTurkey Breast Scallopini (If you can’t find scallopini at your grocery store, a boneless turkey breast pounded thin with a meat tenderizer is A-OK!)
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (find our DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe here)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 cups of your favorite stuffing (already prepared), plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Your favorite cooking oil (I use avocado oil)
In a frying pan on medium heat melt butter. Add chopped apples, cranberries, pumpkin pie spice, sugar and water. Sauté until apples are tender. Add stuffing and fold ingredients together.
Finely chop rosemary, thyme and sage. Mix together with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to make a paste.
Lay your turkey breasts flat on a work surface. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Place a mound of your apple cranberry stuffing on the wider end of the turkey breast. Wrap the thinner end of the turkey over and then under the thicker end of the turkey that has the stuffing. You want to make sure that there is turkey overlap and that the end is pulled snug and secured underneath the stuffed turkey breast.
Gently rub the stuffed turkey breast with the rosemary, thyme, sage herb paste.
At this point you have three options. 1. You can leave the turkey breast as is without securing it. This is the way I do it, but I’m a rebel. 😉 I find that in the next step when you sear the turkey it seals it shut for you. It’s just a matter of getting it in the pan without a mishap. 2. You can tie your turkey breast with butcher’s twine (see this video for how to tie a roast). 3. You can secure the turkey breast with toothpicks.
Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat. I use my cast iron frying pans (see this post for how to refurbish a used cast iron frying pan). Pour a thin layer of oil in the bottom of the pan. When your oil is hot, add your stuffed turkey breasts to the pan. Leave for 2-3 minutes or until brown. Flip each turkey breast over, add the rest of the stuffing to the pan and put in the oven for 20 minutes or until the stuffing inside of each of the breasts reaches a temperature of 165F.